[development] Theme renders as tokens in 4.6

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Wed Sep 6 10:04:02 UTC 2006

Hello,

Op woensdag 6 september 2006 03:43, schreef Khalid B:
> Download and install the phptemplate for 4.6 instead of using xtemplate.

We should try to avoid such answers at all costs. They are tipical for OSS
lists and they clutter the discussion. Khalid has no idea why someone wants
to use xtemplate, nor can he know if the choice was made intentional in the
first place!

Please answer the question, or else ask if an alternative may be appropriate.
Off course pointing at better alternatives is a good thing (awareness) but it
should never ever be presented as the (only) solution.

<ber> I am having issues with konqueror and digg.com, the javascript at digg
is so badly written that it eats 100% CPU for over 60 seconds to load a page.
Is this a konqueror issue? or more specific to digg?
<ber> I'd love to do some debugging, if it is a konq issue. Does anyone know
the issue # for this, if exists?
<someone> Use firefox, it has much nicer features and it renders digg fast
enough.
<ber> sigh. did anyone hear me ask what browser I should use for digg?
<someone_else> heh. ber: it is a problem with both. Konqueror has problems
with heavy JS, in konq/kde4 it will be fixed. And off course the digg JS is
absolutely FuBAR

Hope this helps us work towards an even better support system :)

Bèr