[development] programmatically UPDATE a node won't work: bug or feature?

adrian rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Thu Sep 7 11:43:24 UTC 2006

On 07 Sep 2006, at 11:10 AM, Augustin (Beginner) wrote:

> Also, what would be the difference of using FAPI2 to
> programmatically update a
> node, compared to using node_load/edit/node_save?
the node is actually validated. and you know for a fact it's a real
working node. also has friendlier
concise error messages.

otherwise it hits all the same back end stuff. It just happens to be
a consistent interface to it (along with all node forms)

BTW: if a form is not programmatically submittable, it should be
consired a bug, please make an issue for it.

there are a handful of forms like this at the moment, but i wasn't
aware that node form was one of them.

(it was working in my tests here : drupal.org/node/79900)