[development] programmatically UPDATE a node won't work: bug or feature?

Augustin (Beginner) drupal.beginner at wechange.org
Thu Sep 7 13:51:00 UTC 2006

On Thursday 07 September 2006 08:13 pm, Jeff Eaton wrote:
> That's a good catch. $_POST is indeed not set when programmatically
> submitting. and from the looks of it, node_validate() is just plain
> broken for this case.
>
> This is one of the things that was fixed by Moshe's patch to the
> submission/nodeapi/etc handlers. It's understood why it was rolled back
> before the code freeze, but this will take some puzzling over to fix
> without breaking other stuff.

oh, ok!

> Is there an issue logged for it?

There was not because I was not sure it was a bug.
Now that you confirm it is, here is the issue:
http://drupal.org/node/82905
I hope you'll excuse me if I don't propose a fix:  this is currently well
above my level of understanding. But if a fix does come, I'll review it.

Is my "programmatically creating a node type." problem, I posted earlier on
the list another such bug?

thanks,

Augustin.

--
http://www.wechange.org/
Because we and the world need to change.

http://www.reuniting.info/
Intimate Relationships, peace and harmony in the couple.