[development] node type without a title?

Jeff Eaton jeff at viapositiva.net
Fri Sep 8 21:03:04 UTC 2006

A node's nid is its unique identifier. Period. End of story. Forcing
titles to be unique is a mistake -- and forcing users to enter titles
all the time is also a mistake. Arguably, in the admin section we should
display nid in addition to title. Perhaps we should theme the node title
to read <untitled> if there's no value there. But forcing them to be
unique is definitely broken. In *some applications* some types of nodes
should have unique titles, but that's about as far as I'd go.

--Jeff