[development] New Core Theme for 5.0

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Tue Sep 12 16:15:13 UTC 2006

inkfree press wrote:
> I now must ask the same of you. If you were, in fact, "paying attention"
> yourself, then you would have noticed that the original poster of the theme
> notice did, in fact, follow-up with an acknowledgement that the two
> variations [fluid and fixed-width] were not as easily discoverable as you
> seem to suggest.

'seem to' must be critical here, because the only person I've actually
directed any of that to was Morbus.

Wait, no, I directed a single line to Walt:

 > Walt: I dunno about the demo site, but it's readily apparently when
downloading it.

That's it. The rest of my message was to Morbus. You're right, I never
told you in IRC, and I certainly don't necessarily expect you to know.

Here, let me explain myself just a touch:

 > but it's a waste of everyone's time when you -1 it for being
 > fixed-only when it's not, especially when your opinion is important
 > and people around here are going to assume you know what you're
 > talking about.

Morbus' opinion is important. I value Morbus' opinion very much. So do
quite a few other people. Morbus' name is well known enough that people
know who he is, and when they read his message, they are going to assume
he knows what he's talking about. Particularly people who are less
involved with Drupal discussion or development directly.

Morbus is also a giant pain in the ass, and well known for his tendency
to be very strong and somewhat personal in his criticisms. So as it
happens, I was giving him a little of his own medicine.

If it helps soothe your ruffled feathers, I do recognize that it may be
more difficult for you to recognize that the theme has both fixed and
fluid options. On the other hand, I wasn't directing anything at you,
and frankly I'm highly amused that you've decided to -- at length -- go
off on me here.

 > Perhaps time (yours and mine) is better spent through focus on the
theme and
 > on clarification of features that may have been missed in review [*].

Also, for what it's worth, Morbus and I have already actually discussed
this and we're both laughing about it.