[development] deny user #1

Augustin (Beginner) drupal.beginner at wechange.org
Wed Sep 13 12:11:24 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have a module where I define a new node type (created with the usual hooks,
hook_node_info(), etc.).
The nodes of this type are created and updated when importing data from a
remote server.

In drupal, $user->uid == 1 has all the rights.
I would like to prevent this user #1 from creating / updating such nodes.
All users may view the nodes.

What is the best way to accomplish this?

Returning FALSE on hook_access() when $op != "view" doesn't work for user #1.

thanks,

augustin.

--
http://www.wechange.org/
Because we and the world need to change.

http://www.reuniting.info/
Intimate Relationships, peace and harmony in the couple.