[development] Suggestion for people releasing new modules and themes into CVS

Peter Wolanin pwolanin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 16:35:32 UTC 2006

Since I recently added a module and didn't realize the initial commit
message had special significance, I'll invite you to look at:

http://drupal.org/project/volunteer_timeslots

This module utilizes the event module and defines a new node type
representing an event where site users can volunteer for a specific
time period.  I am starting to use it initially to organize volunteers
for a table to do voter registration and distribute literature for
Democratic candidates.

This in not meant to be as full featured as the volunteer module
(which seems not yet to be released for 4.7 and which requires
CiviCRM), but I hope will fill an intermediate need in political/NGO
organizing.

-Peter