[development] Suggestion for people releasing new modules and
themes into CVS
kb at 2bits.com
Wed Sep 13 17:07:53 UTC 2006
Here are other notes to CVS committers that should be written as guidelines
for all to follow:
Note to all, please add to this list what you think should go in, this
will then be
summarized and put it as a guidelines page.
- Upon committing a new module or theme, add a concise description of
what the module does or how this theme is unique (e.g. fluid/fixed, tables/css,
- Try to not commit every issue separately. If you plan to fix three issues,
then do not commit three times. Better do one commit with the three fixes
- Do not commit every file separately when initially committing a module.
Do a cvs add on all the files that need to go in, then do a cvs commit to
check them into the repository.
- Make sure you have the -kkv and not -kk, specially if you use Eclipse
- Use the format following format for commits that relate to an issue:
#nodeid description-goes-here, by patch-contributor
On Drupal.org, the commits will be automatically linked to the issue.
- Do not post the entire URL of the issue on Drupal.org.
More information about the development