[development] Changes to capitalization

Gary Feldman dpal_gaf_devel at marsdome.com
Wed Sep 13 22:45:07 UTC 2006

Arnab Nandi wrote:
> On 9/13/06, Neil Drumm <drumm at delocalizedham.com> wrote:
>> Arnab Nandi wrote:
>> > page/block/etc titles should ideally be named uniquely...
>>
>> Page titles are in no way used as a unique identifier.
> Please read what I wrote, and in its entirety.
I did, but I still couldn't figure out exactly what you meant by those
first two sentences, or why you thought them true.  In particular,
exactly what "becomes non-obvious when you have Things Named With Mixed
Case", and why?  Is it that it's harder to tell when two titles are the
same except for case?  I don't see why that would be true.
> There are 38 large-sized emails on this thread within the last 20
> hours, most voicing their opinions about what form of capitalization
> to choose. I think this is a quantified example of my point. ...

This doesn't indicate that it's difficult, just that many people are
opinionated about it.

Gary