[development] Suggestion for people releasing new modules and themes into CVS

Chris Kennedy chrisken at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 15 02:30:31 UTC 2006

It looks good but it would be more persuasive/helpful if each tip
included the reasoning behind it. Otherwise the reader is left wondering
why these guidelines were chosen.

"If you are using a GUI client, check its default settings. For example
Eclipse uses -kk which affects the CVS Id tag. Change that to -kkv."

It's not clear what the implication of "check its default settings" is,
especially for the people who don't use Eclipse. What are they supposed
to be looking for? If it isn't possible to be more specific, I think it
would be better to only include the Eclipse-specific configuration
notice. I would also move this tip to the very bottom since it probably
won't be relevant to most contributors.