[development] Suggestion for people releasing new modules and themes into CVS

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Tue Sep 19 01:23:17 UTC 2006

Larry reads my mind over email ...

Not cute, nor descriptive.

A code name is just that: a code name. It should not have any hidden
meaning, nor be too geeky (so it does not put off the suits), nor political,
...etc.

The name should really mean nothing. I we want it to mean something
then 5.0 is as good as a code name.

Saying "sunflower", "damselfly" or "salamander" is enough (yeah, I
had done biology in past lives, but whatever ...)

It just means "the next release" with a fixed point of reference in time
that everyone can tie into ...