[development] code names for core releases?

Trae McCombs traemccombs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 20:56:50 UTC 2006

Not sure if it's been mentioned before in this discussion, but Ubuntu (and
other projects) do this too.

for instance:

5.10 - Breezy Badger
6.06 - Dapper Drake [ Came out in June ]
6.10 - Edgy Eft [ Due in October ]

We could keep with the version numbers, just give them a name so people can
identify and refer to these with a name.

I guess you'd also want to come up with some sort of naming scheme.  Like, I
name all of my Machines after something to do with U2 songs.  Song names,
albums, lyrics, etc.

Just my 2 pennies.  I like the idea of having a "Code Name" associated with
Major releases.

Trae

--
    Trae McCombs || http://occy.net/