[development] Multi-site absolute paths?

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Wed Sep 20 00:58:08 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 19 September 2006 12:34, Sam Tresler wrote:
> Been following a forum thread and was wondering if anyone had any input
> towards a way to make multi-site pathnames more manageble

> The basic issue is that pathnames for a multi-site install can easily
> get huge.  But there is  strong desire to keep all site-relevant
> material in the /sites/sitename folder.

*snip*

> http://test_layout.example.com/sites/test_layout.example.com/files/images/b
>ackground.jpg
>

> Does anyone know a good portable workaround?  Am I missing something
> obvious?

I've had some issues with multi-site recently myself, but this isn't one of
them.  What exactly is the problem with absolute paths generated by the code
having long names?  You aren't typing them yourself, or shouldn't be.

Perhaps the obvious thing being missed is that it's not a problem?  Or am I
just not seeing how it's a problem? :-)  (I typically put all files under
sites anyway, and in 5.0 the new sites/all directory encourages you do never
ever put things in /modules or /themes.)

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson