[development] 5.0 Core Theme Update

Jeff Eaton jeff at viapositiva.net
Sat Sep 23 13:41:52 UTC 2006

I'll just chime in and say that I think unthemed form elements is one of
the things that presently makes Drupal look very, very, very
unprofessional compared to the many cleverly themed CMS packages out there.

If people can't grasp that the square puffy thing with the word 'SUBMIT'
on it is the submit button, let's not blame ourselves. drumm's point
about contrast is a good one, but in general theming of the form
elements is a good thing. Default form widgets look like *ass*. They're
a festering boil on any well-designed theme, and they switch and shift
from platform to platform as well.

And for that matter, I like the two-pixel border on form elements. I
LIKE it. Hah!

--Jeff