[development] 5.0 Core Theme Update

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 16:45:27 UTC 2006

On 26 Sep 2006, at 10:36, Kieran Lal wrote:
>> It is also not difficult to replace the logo, you only need to
>> upload a new one.
>
> I have been doing some user testing on logo changing, this week,
> and in fact it's quite difficult for new users.  It is a serious
> user experience issue because many people report that they want to
> immediately change the look of their site so they feel they own it.

I agree.  Task completion on changing logos is poor.  I've had quite
a few complaints about the logo being hard to change.  For starters,
it requires that the user has the files-directory properly setup and
that he can figure out the location and UI for uploading a new logo.
Then, often times, the logo is too small or too big.  The entire
process can easily take up 20 minutes and is not free of
frustrations.  Not exactly fun if this is part of your first 30
minutes of Drupal.