[development] The new menu system

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Tue Sep 26 18:01:02 UTC 2006

Exciting!

Op dinsdag 26 september 2006 13:58, schreef Karoly Negyesi:
> So, we have found node/%/edit. Can we access it? Instead of specifying
> 'access' => node_access('update', arg(1)) now we do 'access' =>
> 'node_access', 'access arguments' => array('update', 1) . So we use
> Adrian's favorite: callbacks. I map 1 to arg(1) on runtime for both access
>   and callback arguments. (Side note: I know currently node_access gets a
> node and not a node id. Adding node_load won't stop us.)

I really suggest again to have a look at ruby on rails routers. They do all
you say, people have thought about it very well,  they have proved to be
working extremely well, without any performance issues.
It will also allow us a few steps closer to MVC, without inventing too much
wheels ourselves.

Words to look for: Routers, Model and Controller.

Bèr
 PGP ber at webschuur.com
  http://www.webschuur.com/sites/webschuur.com/files/ber_webschuur.asc

Written while listening to Kiss You Off by Scissor Sisters on Ta-Dah!