[development] Drupal 5.0 Theme - v2

Dave Cohen drupal at dave-cohen.com
Thu Sep 28 13:31:13 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 27 September 2006 18:22, Trae McCombs wrote:
> I know how to implement a "pure html" way to do rounded corners

Regarding rounded corners, the jquery plugin and such...

The jquery module works by inserting lots of elements styled in some magical
way that produces the roundedness.  After those elements are inserted, its
not so different from what you've added to your markup.  Depending on the
radius of the round, it inserts a lot more elements than your 4 or 5.

So I'm suggesting this: in your theme, markup your boxes simply, just using
one div.  Then have some jquery, far simpler than the rounded corners plugin,
which inserts the extra wrappers.  Keep your css the way it is.  The rounded
corners would only display when javascript is enabled, but that might be
enough.

Just a thought,

-Dave