[development] Drupal 5.0 Theme - v2

Syscrusher syscrusher at 4th.com
Thu Sep 28 15:15:10 UTC 2006

On Thursday 28 September 2006 03:54, Derek Wright wrote:
> i totally agree w/ steven.  on a full-height window on my 15"
> powerbook, nearly the top 1/4 of the screen is taken up by
> navigational cruft that could easily fit into 1/8th of the screen
> instead (if not less).  there's *tons* of wasted screen real estate
> here.

First, thanks *very* much to those who are putting so much work into theme
design. I'm a decent coder, but I stink at graphic arts, so your efforts are
deeply appreciated here!

Constructively speaking, I agree with Derek that there needs to be less white
space and other non-essentials at the top of the page. This is especially true
since laptops and monitors seem to be headed toward a wide-screen format to
support multimedia. Even traditional screens are wider than they are tall, so
vertical space is at a premium.

I like both Farsheed's and Trae's work but do think that leaner-is-better for
most design decisions in a *default* theme. For non-default themes, other
considerations may override this.

Syscrusher