[development] please hold off creating DRUPAL-5-0 branches for a few days

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Thu Sep 28 20:49:51 UTC 2006

On Sep 26, 2006, at 11:49 PM, Derek Wright wrote:

> hi folks, it looks fairly likely we're going to switch to 2-digit
> version numbers for core (http://drupal.org/node/85943).
> therefore, we're probably going to want to rename the existing
> "DRUPAL-5-0" branches to just "DRUPAL-5" and should start using
> "DRUPAL-5" for all newly ported modules.

ok, it's official:

http://drupal.org/node/85943#comment-158347

we've moving to 2 digit numbers for core.  i'll fix the relevant
handbook pages (http://drupal.org/node/27362) and write up a concise
summary of the change to post on this list and as a front-page d.o post.

meanwhile, kjartan happened to be in IRC and was kind enough to fix
the cvs access control scripts to prevent "DRUPAL-5-0" branches from
being made anymore, and allowing "DRUPAL-5" branches to be created,
instead...

so, anyone who finishes porting a module to the Drupal 5 API, please
make a "DRUPAL-5" branch for it via "cvs tag -b DRUPAL-5
contributions/modules/[your-module-here]"

i'll work on some cvs voodoo to rename our existing DRUPAL-5-0
branches next...

thanks for your patience while we get through the pain-before-the-
gain. ;)

-dww