[development] Drupal 5.0 Theme - v2

inkfree press inkfree at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 23:48:02 UTC 2006

"Stefan Borchert" wrote:

> Why do you want to have one theme for each device?

Who is "you", in this usage?

I didn't read that anyone said such, but maybe I missed some stuff in the
thread (which is a pretty good one, I think, on lots of fronts...even if it
strays a bit here or there from the exact mechanics of this new blue zen
thingy.)

Anyway, I don't think a "theme for each device" is a valid suggestion -- but
perhaps you meant "template" instead, which would be more appropriate.

(Yes, I think calling Drupal themes "themes" is the wrong usage of the word.
A "theme" is a specific kind of "skin". It is a thematic set of elements,
like, for example, a "Spring" theme or any kind of "holiday" theme, or a
"kids at school" theme.  A "template" is more like a cookie cutter, or a
framework over which one should be able to apply a "theme". Not worth
quibbling over, I suppose, but it is a kind of growing problem when talking
about such things.)

--
inkfree