[development] Drupal 5.0 Theme - v2

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Fri Sep 29 14:50:23 UTC 2006

On 9/29/06, Eric Goldhagen <eric at openflows.org> wrote:

> Drupal is what it is not because of the one or two huge high profile
> sites using it. It is what it is because of the multiple thousands of
> small sites. The large folks will always have the money to make it do
> anything they want, so we must focus on what people with limited
> resources need -- in other words, the majority of users.

And, as mentioned elsewhere, make it easy for folks to change. This
might be for the beginning designer, as well as simple CSS editing
(including formatting the CSS file so that colours, widths, etc. are
near the top and well commented).

> I think we need to separate the debate and discussion of what a
> default theme needs from the discussion/review of any visual design
> mockups or proposals.

+1 -- Eric, your write up here is good, but perhaps a point form
version would make it easier to checklist against.

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747