[development] With all this talk of menu system changes...

Scott Reynolds sdrreynolds at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 22:51:42 UTC 2006

I thought I would throw something else out there. I had a chance to hear
rich bowden of apache documentation do a talk about apache modules that most
people didn't know existed. He talked about AcceptPathInfo directive. He
suggested it be used instead of mod_rewrite for urls like
http://www.example.com/articles/155. I attempted to implement it and i got
pretty far except http://www.example.com/admin will not load admin panel. It
had to be http://www.example.com/index/admin. So i just gave up. But if
someone thinks they can figure it out drupal might see a speed increase.

If someone smarter then me can figure it out might see a significant speed
increase. Or perhaps you guys already had this discussion.

Also might be the way to move away from unclean urls all together?

Anyways, pay little mind to the ponderings of me

Also of note, AcceptPathInfo is Apache2.

Scott