[development] how to intercept user login with cookie

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Apr 3 17:31:05 UTC 2007

I think what you need happens in sesson.inc

function sess_read($key) {
  $user = db_fetch_object(db_query("SELECT u.*, s.* FROM {users} u INNER
JOIN {sessions} s ON u.uid = s.uid WHERE s.sid = '%s'", $key));

  // We found the client's session record and they are an authenticated user
  if ($user && $user->uid > 0) {
    // user logged in via cookie

Not sure if there is a way to do that via a hook.

Perhaps extending hook_user to do that is a good idea.

http://api.drupal.org/api/5/function/hook_user

--
2bits.com
http://2bits.com