[development] how to intercept user login with cookie

vitamona vitamona at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 07:55:55 UTC 2007

2007/4/3, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com>:
> I think what you need happens in sesson.inc

[...]
> Not sure if there is a way to do that via a hook.

oh, i i'm developing developing a module for both drupal 4.7 and 5

> Perhaps extending hook_user to do that is a good idea.
>
> http://api.drupal.org/api/5/function/hook_user

in user.module (drupal 4.7) there is
function user_login_validate($form_id, $form_values)

this function check if an username is blocked by admin. if the user
access with a cookie, to some page, drupal unset the cookie and make
user as an anonymous. how?
I need to implement the same thing (in a module) but with my personal
option checking.

Is it possible?

Many thanks