[development] watchdog -> dblog + syslog

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 14:06:34 UTC 2007

On 10 Apr 2007, at 14:27, Erdem Köse wrote:
>> Let's try to get more logging improvements into Drupal 6.  Anyone
>> wants to improve the dblog module to work like this: http://
>> www.flickr.com/photos/dries/234754367/ ?
>
> I had opened a similar issue[1] without AJAX. I can improve it if I
> can have enough time.
>
> [1] Select multiple message type to list in watchdog_overview
> http://drupal.org/node/79444

There are actually 2 axis along which we can filter:

  1. the message's type ('page not found', 'access denied', 'php
message', 'user message', 'content message').
  2. the message's severity ('critical', 'error', 'warning',
'notice', 'debug').

Both (1) and (2) are parameters of the watchdog() function.  It might
be a good idea to provide two filter blocks, one for type and one for
severity.  Then I can do queries like: "show all user messages that
are critical".