[development] ANN: drupal.org improvements series

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Fri Apr 13 03:51:16 UTC 2007

On Apr 12, 2007, at 4:26 PM, Kristjan Jansen wrote:

> Hi, I started bloggin on drupal.org improvement ideas:
> http://kika.trip.ee/drupal (also picked up by Drupal Planet). While I
> know it is actually better to submit feature requests,

actually, no, it's better to search for duplicate issues first. :(

for example, re: http://kika.trip.ee/node/302
"Drupal.org suggestion: 5 ways to improve issue view"

of the 5, 4 already have issues in the queue:

1. Separate 2 follow-up actions ("subscribe" vs. "follow-up")
http://drupal.org/node/34496

3. Allow multiple attachments per issue
4. Allow editing followups
are both blocked on: http://drupal.org/node/18920 (and are discussed
there).

5. add a #x content filter --
http://drupal.org/node/89673

> I continue on current workflow since it allows me to contribute
> more while living under tight time schedule.

i appreciate your efforts on thinking of improvements.  however, in
cases where you're just rehashing known issues and feature requests,
it only generates more work for the maintainer(s)...

> Hopefully somebody picks up a torch on some ideas :)

agreed.  sadly, none of this is going to fall under the auspices of
anything that's going to happen for google summer of code (SoC) this
year, so it's back to the "maybe dww will just magically fix it all
someday" approach.  maybe someone will magically sponsor my time to
make it happen. ;)

cheers,
-derek