[development] Request for new module cagetory: Multilingual

Jose A. Reyero drupal at reyero.net
Sat Apr 14 13:34:09 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'd like to propose a new module category to collect all language
related modules and tools, with the name 'Multilingual', 'Language
tools' or similar.

Some modules that may go right away into that category are 'localizer',
'i18n' and 'xliff'... In the case of localizer and i18n they're a big
collection of modules, some of which may make sense to spin off from the
main package, as long as there's some easy way to have them listed and
related.
Also, it is my intention to create some more independent modules, like a
'language icons' collection, that then may be reused by the other
packages. And there's Gabor's SoC project, which is likely to produce
some tools that fit also into this category,
http://code.google.com/soc/drupal/appinfo.html?csaid=CCB11E7904E4B8C5

So, not sure this is the place to ask, but I'd also would like to read
some opinions about whether this makes sense, and also to know whether
there are other related modules that may fit into this category.

Regards,

Jose A. Reyero