[development] How to help with the project* modules

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Mon Apr 16 10:16:34 UTC 2007

After months of sounding the alarm, my lightening talk at OSCMS where
I begged for help, Dries's state of Drupal talk, and a few too many
disgruntled emails and/or issue replies from an embattled dww, there
seems to finally be a slow trickle of people who are offering to help
out with project*.  This is great!  Thank you to those who have
already contacted me off list, and I hope to hear from a lot more of
you... ;)

To try to focus this tiny but growing team, I've written up a
detailed list of things people can do to help with the maintenance
and support for project*:

http://groups.drupal.org/node/3686

It's a wiki page, so feel free to add to it, improve it, etc.

Feeling bold, I already promoted it to the front page of g.d.o (I
assume no one minds).

Please comment there with any feedback.  Better yet, dive in and
start helping. ;)

Thanks,
-Derek

p.s. As excited as I am about the 3 Google Summer of Code projects
related to all of this, no one should imagine that we'll need less
help for project* as a result.  If anything, I'll be so busy as a co-
mentor to all 3 efforts that I'll have even less time than I do now
to work on anything else project*-related.  And, there will be a ton
of patches and changes coming out of SoC that need reviews and
testing.  So, while this year's SoC is FANTASTIC news for project*,
drupal.org, and Drupal itself, the need for help will be just as
great as ever...