[development] HTML5, XHTML2, and the Future of the Web

Anton anton.list at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 22:52:51 UTC 2007

On 19/04/07, Karoly Negyesi <karoly at negyesi.net> wrote:
> http://www.digital-web.com/articles/html5_xhtml2_and_the_future_of_the_web/

(hopefully this isn't drifting too far offtopic)

While I suspect Drupal will still be based on XHTML 1.0 by default for
quite a while yet, what do others think of (X)HTML5? And will it have
any bearing on Drupal?

I have to admit a slight uneasiness about HTML5 - while it is cool
that there will be some new useful trinkets and stuff, it just seems
hacky and slightly rushed to me. As well as it doing very little to
encourage better markup practices.

And while XHTML2 probably has close to zero chance of succeeding due
to its disruptiveness and lack of interest from browser makers, it
does seem much better designed and thought out.

--
Cheers
Anton