[development] Alternative to hook_exit

David Metzler metzlerd at metzlerd.com
Thu Apr 19 03:26:43 UTC 2007

Thanks everyone for the ideas.

Current'y my code is caching data in session variables.

Still haven't quite found an elegant solution. I am doing caching,
but I'm currently caching to session variables. I can't quite figure
out how to get either the register_shutdown or exec calls to cache
data easily.   $_SESSION variables don't appear to be available in
either mechanism.  I haven't tested exec, but that's true, right?

The register_shutdown page suggested a hack to basically load an
invisible .gif file from a script page and have the code that
generates the gif alter the session variables.

If you've got a more elegant solution, please share.....

Dave