[development] theme('table')

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Sun Apr 22 04:18:22 UTC 2007

Hi,

adrian rossouw wrote:

> On 21 Apr 2007, at 8:41 PM, Moshe Weitzman wrote:
>

>> this sounds nice and consistent to me ... or we expand drupal_render
>> usage and expect folks to override #theme if they want to take over
>> themeing for a certain table. that seems like a more long term
>> project, with more a bit more uncertainty.
>>

> doesn't that work today though ?
> just needing a documentation change.
>
> ie: it always uses #theme if found, instead of the theme_#type.

Yes does work, but not very well. You can change the look of your table,
but that is about it.

What I would love to see if being able to add new columns to a table,
and then populate it will more information.

An example would be the comment list, where you could add an additional
column or row with hook_form_alter() and then it will get themed the way
that you want it.

Gordon.