[development] The big locale cleanup

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Sat Apr 28 20:11:16 UTC 2007

Hi,

The following patch removes lots of cruft from locale.module and cleans
up locale.inc a great deal. Let's open the door for more locale module
improvements and functionality now that the batch API is close to
hitting core and advancements on user defined string translation are made:

   http://drupal.org/node/139970

"This big update eases (at least my) maintenance work on locale module,
so I would be very happy to get this in. A cleanup such as this was very
due for locale module now, especially that we are adding more stuff in
there very soon (think automated PO import, language block, user
specified string translation, etc). Time is tight, so reviews of this
patch are very much appreciated! Apply the patch, try out the forms,
report problems. Let's get this in!"

Gabor