[development] jQuery animation help?

David Cohen drupal at dave-cohen.com
Wed Aug 1 22:17:10 UTC 2007

Hmmm.... sounds like you're getting something out of my code.  The parts
that aren't crap anyway.

If you don't like the default ways to tag hovertips, here's an example
of how I've customized it.  On this page:
http://www.dave-cohen.com/node/1186, I added a chunk of javascript to my
node body, so that on that page only, comments are treated as helptips.
To see what I'm talking about go to that page then view source, then
search for "javascript" in the middle of the page.

Basically use jquery to find the content that is the helptip.  Then call
hovertipActivate, where the parameters include functions that identify
and prepare the "target" - the element that remains on the page and may
be clicked or hovered over to make the helptip visible.

You probably get all this already.  I'm just pointing out that it
doesn't force you to tag your document any particular way.

-Dave

[snip]