[development] Yahoo User Interface library

hex justin.forest at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 13:53:58 UTC 2007

Javascript based rich editing is broken.  In safary, you get <span
style="apple-xyz"> instead of <strong>, in Opera you get &nbsp; instead of
spaces when you type text that contains non-latin characters (a bug reported
years ago which still isn't being dealt with).  With all this, I don't think
that JS-based rich editing should go into core; I personally think that a
flash based editor would be best, if only there existed one.  Other visual
enhancements of YUI are fancy, but not even close to necessary.  YUI is also
much heavier than jQuery.

--
hex, out.