[development] Core module maintainers

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Thu Aug 2 22:11:14 UTC 2007

I've brought this up before, but seeing as one of the core maintainers
lives in my office, I thought I'd bring it up again.

I believe we should up the level of responsibility of our main core community.

I believe each module / the MAINTAINERS.txt should have at least two
maintainers attached to it. Officially.

An example being search module. Right now, it's the "scary code that
Steven figured out how to work right". Luckily, Doug Green has been
diving in and working out some patches as well. Let's put Steven and
Doug listed as maintainers -- they both now have the search.module
queue to be responsible for.

The same goes for the rest of core modules, or basically anything with
a "component" listed in the Drupal project.

This does NOT change commit privileges or process: we have a limited
set of core committers who must do the final once over when something
goes RTBC. But ideally...RTBC should be that.

What do you think? Any volunteers for specific parts?

--
Boris Mann
Office 604-682-2889