[development] Core module maintainers

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Fri Aug 3 00:18:53 UTC 2007

On Aug 2, 2007, at 4:20 PM, Boris Mann wrote:

> Obviously we need buy in from the big D.

Big D already bought in to this concept when I asked him about Earl
and myself co-maintaining update.module weeks ago.  Consider it decided.

On Aug 2, 2007, at 4:34 PM, Boris Mann wrote:
> And he needs a buddy. MAINTAINERS.txt is out of date, and needs to
> actually reflect maintainership.

Agreed.

> I don't know what process is needed.

We just need to assemble the updated list of maintainers (g.d.o
wiki?) and then turn that into a single core patch.  Or, different
maintainers could file their own patches to add themselves in a
single d.o core issue and skip the unified patch and g.d.o wiki.  I
don't really care, either way, but it seems like it's less work for
the core maintainers to sort all of this out without bothering them,
and submit a unified patch for the D6 maintainers.txt file.

> Other suggestions? Or do we just wait for Europe to wake up?

Those lazy Europeans, always sleeping aren't they? ;)

Cheers,
-Derek (dww)