[development] Cleaner and more consistent code.

adrian rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Fri Aug 3 12:10:47 UTC 2007

On 03 Aug 2007, at 11:54 AM, David Strauss wrote:

> I strongly support this move.
>
> Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
>> Karoly (chx) seems to be in favor of going all arrays and
>> getting rid of pseudo objects.
>>
>> http://drupal4hu.com/node/52
>>
>> He mentions others who support this too.
>>
>> Drupal 7 is the time to do this, not D6.

I believe in this too, as it melds more with Drupal's structured
array syntax, but PHP5 might
change my opinion.

Especially when you throw in things like the ArrayObject syntax
(array / object duality), which could
even potentially supplant #-notation.

So yeah. needs more time to gestate methinks.

<?php
class form extends ArrayObject {
   function __construct($props = null) {
     foreach ((array) $props as $key => $value) {
       $this->{$key} = $value;
     }
   }
}

class element extends ArrayObject {
   function __construct($props = null) {
     foreach ((array) $props as $key => $value) {
       $this->{$key} = $value;
     }
   }
}

$form = new form();
$form['title'] = new element(array(  // this would probably be new
DrupalTextfield() or something
	'type' => 'textfield',
	'title' => 'my title',
	'default_value' => 'default text'
));
$form['group'] = new element(array(
	'type' => 'fieldset',
	'title' => 'meh')
);

$form['group']['moretext'] = new element(array(
	'type' => 'textfield',
	'title' => 'blah'
));

print $form['group']->type;