[development] Cleaner and more consistent code.

adrian rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Fri Aug 3 15:40:03 UTC 2007

On 03 Aug 2007, at 4:58 PM, Larry Garfield wrote:

> That said, a syntax that somewhat parallels SimpleXML and leverages
> ArrayObject, iterators, and the rest of SPL, but just doesn't
> translate
> directly to XML the way SimpleXML does, could make FAPI a lot
> cleaner and
> more intuitive.

Well. I found the issue I have with simplexml, namely that you can't
serialize the object.

Basically what it comes down to is we need to implement the __sleep()
and __wakeup()
functions to properly handle serializing anything.

There's also a couple of other gotcha's, but I'm confident they can
be worked around.