[development] DrupalCon Barcelona: call for presentations

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 07:07:54 UTC 2007

Some more ideas:

  - Beyond FAPI and the Schema API: next steps (*)
  - A plan to get some more CCK/Views into core (*)
  - Top-10 usability improvements for D7 (*)
  - Drupal and PHP5: how to get most out of it (*)
  - Making Drupal scale: the Drupal.org use-case
  - Making Drupal scale: war stories + solutions
  - We support OpenID: now what?
  - Drupal and RIAs (idea: can we invite a Flex developer from Adobe
developer?)
  - Running a Drupal Local User Group: lessons learned
  - Drupal theme development tutorial
  - Drupal module development tutorial
  - How to spice up your D6 modules with actions
  - The Drupal Association: how it works, what we worked one, what we
learned, what we plan to do next
  - Translating Drupal (the new way)
  - JQuery tutorial
  - Blogs vs journalism
  - Drupal consulting/training best practices
  - Writing secure code
  - CiviCRM update
  - Drupal for Good vs Drupal for Evil -- who's winning?
  - Emerging trends on the web (not Drupal specific)
  - Community building best practices (not Drupal specific)
  - PHP 6
  - MySQL 6
  - Drupal 7 plans for the Drupal database abstraction layer
  - Drupal and newspapers
  - Search optimization tricks
  - Drupal platform vs Drupal product
  - Drupal and non-profits
  - Monetizing your Drupal site
  - $your_cool_module demo
  - $your_crazy_idea (i.e. inline template editing)
  - The future of webpublishing
  - If you chair a workgroup on groups.drupal.org it might be a good
to setup a face-to-face meeting
  - If you maintain an important Drupal (core) module, it might be a
good idea to solicit feedback in a brainstorm session
  - Dating a Drupal developer (presented by the Drupal wifes/
girlfriends that travel along)

(*) I'd like to see someone take a lead in this for D7 -- gets extra
bonus points to become a Drupal branch maintainer.