[development] DrupalCon Barcelona: call for presentations

Angela Byron drupal-devel at webchick.net
Mon Aug 6 18:23:18 UTC 2007

On 3-Aug-07, at 11:58 AM, Dries Buytaert wrote:

> Anyway, on http://drupalcon.org there are currently 22 proposed
> presentations (see http://barcelona2007.drupalcon.org/sessions),
> which means we are about 50 presentations short.  *gasp*

While we certainly need more than 22, I think it would not be the
worst thing in the world if we had scheduled hour-long periods
scattered here with NO scheduled talks, so we could socialize,
network, get some focused hacking done, etc. etc. We always end up
doing this anyway, but because sessions are scheduled throughout the
entire day, doing so means missing out on peoples' presentations.

I only ended up getting to maybe half of what I wanted to in Brussels
and OSCMS because I'm "the nice core developer" and get cornered a
lot with questions from new people who want to know how to
contribute, etc. and how can I resist that? :D It would be awesome to
be able to say, "Sure, meet me over by the plaid couch during the
morning break, and we'll talk." :)

-Angie