[development] FAPI execution order cheat sheet

Karen Stevenson karen at elderweb.com
Tue Aug 7 02:27:34 UTC 2007

I took a stab at trying to create a FAPI flow chart at http://drupal.org/node/165104. It's not a complete flow chart of everything that happens. I was trying to identify the major hooks and callbacks, and their order, to see what opportunities are available to intervene. I tried to illustrate the 5.x process and mark places where 6.x changed.

I have no idea if I've gotten it right. It badly needs to be looked over by one of the FAPI experts :)

Karen