[development] New Module Ideas and Announcements

FGM fgm at osinet.fr
Tue Aug 7 10:05:06 UTC 2007

This recently happened with the themesettings project, actually,
although the project author had taken the time to talk with me
separately about it prior to project creation.

The way to go suggested at the time, IIRC, was to announce any module
project intent on this (archived) mailing list prior to project
creation, so that any interested party could chime in.

Another solution might be to add an issue category to the project
tracker, like:
- adding a "Future contributions" category
- adding several "ideas" subcategories:
  - "project idea"
  - "theme idea"
  - "translation idea"
  - "profile idea"

These could be closed just like other issues when the project was
created. Maybe we could even require the project creation form to
include a mandatory issue nid pointing to such an issue.

This would allow persistence, traceability, and searchability.

What do you think of it ?

FGM