[development] New Module Ideas and Announcements

FGM fgm at osinet.fr
Tue Aug 7 16:43:13 UTC 2007

Your terminology is probably more accurate than the one I used, so
yes it seems what you describe :-)

There is at least one point of view from which an issue queue on d.o.
seems better than a group on g.d.o., and that is visibility: to know
that group exists, you have to be led there by someone, at least
today, just like you did, whereas the project issue tracker is a
central feature on d.o.

This could be alleviated by some writing in the module developer's
guide, though, specifically pointing new developers to that group,
for instance from http://drupal.org/node/7765

The fact remains, though, that g.d.o. can never be as central as the
tracker, and the latter also provides a definite workflow for such
ideas, from birth to closure, while a g.d.o. group seems to be an
endless discussion, without workflow.

Frederic