[development] duplication and input format modules

Steven Peck sepeck at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 23:39:16 UTC 2007

Here's the problem.

We are creating yet another 'voluntary' procedure that new people will
not know about, old time contributors who aren't paying attention to
list right now won't know about and I suspect will be abandoned and
unmaintained like many similar such initiatives in the past.

About the only real solution is to have several people who are
familiar with the existing modules review the ideas and point to
existing modules.  Of course this would really have to be a group of
people that aren't doing stuff now.  They would have to build the
proceedures and habits into the community to make it really last
beyond this current surge of interest.

-sp