[development] Let's finally document our schema already!

adrian rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Thu Aug 9 14:23:11 UTC 2007

On 09 Aug 2007, at 1:58 PM, Dries Buytaert wrote:

> Is there a reason why we can't use PHPdoc for this?  (I'm not
> really keen on having to execute random PHP code on api.drupal.org.)

I'm not really sure that we'd need to execute it. We only document
core on api, and schema.module makes the existing data structure
self documenting (as far as I understand).

This same information would be available to all contrib modules, for
anybody who installs the schema module, similar to how you can
get api documentation by installing the api module.

It would even theoretically be possible to have the schema module
produce an image (which can then be cached) or svg file
  (which would be trés cool) from the information it has (ie: foreign
keys and the like).