[development] drupalcon: what does a brainstorming session involve?

Darren Oh darrenoh at sidepotsinternational.com
Thu Aug 9 14:25:48 UTC 2007

On Aug 9, 2007, at 1:05 AM, Darren Oh wrote:

> How about this: an API that allows dimensions, locations, and
> status to be added to nodes, users, products, or whatever kind of
> object a developer wishes to create. A dimension would have two
> properties: a unit of measure and a direction. A location would
> have a start point and an end point in all the dimensions of the
> object. The status of the location would consist of other relevant
> properties.

I just realized that locations need sizes as well as start and end
points. Take scheduling as an example. Sometimes we need to define
time by location (an event) and sometimes only size and end point are
important (a task with a deadline). Also, dimensions always have two
directions (forward/backwards, left/right, up/down, more/less, past/
future).