[development] FAPI's future

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Fri Aug 10 02:50:13 UTC 2007

Dries Buytaert wrote:

> Except that the CAPTCHA module displays "contact_mail_page" instead of
> "The site-wide contact form".  Exposing internal form IDs to users is
> not the best option, IMO.  Some metadata could make this more
> user-friendly.

IMO, in Drupal 7 we should consider a form registry similar to the theme
registry.

Also, and this could probably be patched for Drupal 6 -- but perhaps the
theme registry should be including metadata information, such as a
description. Of course, that info is also in the PHP doc, so it'd be
data duplication.