[development] Drupal tests for dummies? (SimpleTest, Selenium, DAST oh my)

Rob Barreca rob at electronicinsight.com
Fri Aug 17 02:36:26 UTC 2007

Hello world,

I want to start integrating tests into code I write. I now sit in a room
with 5 Java/RoR ninjas and they make fun of PHP and the fact that I
didn't know what JUnit was. :P I want to be able to talk trash back to them.

I know there is simpletest, selenium and I saw some things about this
http://drupal.org/project/DAST as well. Is there one that many agree on
as being the future for Drupal tests? If so, any recommendations on
where to start? I looked into simpletest and it seemed nice enough, but
I'd like to jump in to the right boat.

Thanks,

RobRoy