[development] Good article on MEMORY temp tables in MySQL

Caleb Gilbert caleb.gilbert at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 18:43:00 UTC 2007

>* This could be particularly relevant to Drupal.org if we are still
*>* getting temp tables written to disk. It turns out that even when we
*>* specify MEMORY for temp tables, MySQL still has the option of writing to
*>* disk if other buffers aren't large enough.*

This problem has been driving me totally nuts for months now. Until I read
this I've assumed that it was something that I was missing/doing wrong.
Thanks for sharing the 411.