[development] The right way to manage Drupal webiste development

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Tue Aug 21 20:37:12 UTC 2007

On 8/21/07, Michel Levy-Provençal <mlevypro at gmail.com> wrote:
> Another idea we had today about this question... This is a chalkboard
> solution. An idea... Something that has to be simplified and tested.
> We gonna continue the reflexion and try to implement  the solution we
> have found after... If somebody has any idea to simplify the process,
> you are welcome...

Use the just released AutoPilot -- http://drupal.org/project/autopilot

It does some interesting table inclusion / exclusion and works with
SVN revisions to push between three systems as you describe.

It's got rough edges and needs a fair amount of SysAdmin powers to get
configured, but in it's ideal state you run build.example.com (a
Drupal instance) and it manages remote systems for you.

Needed: more work on content staging (dealing with the node table and
friends) and a better / automatic way to look at DB schemas and infer
what needs clobbering and what needs merging.

--
Boris Mann
Office 604-682-2889